Saturday, July 12, 2008

How Did Baby Get Out Here?

My mother teaches a group of kids how to recite the Holy Quran in the evenings. When the kids come over, they occupy the front living area, and Baby and I would just lounge around the family living area, not paying too much attention to what goes on out front.

But there is a particularly cheeky four year old little girl who just couldn't seem to sit still. She would stroll around to where we are sitting, sometimes walking up into the kitchen. I never really minded her, as long as she was quite and wasn't touching anything breakable.

Then one evening, she came up to me and Baby, and asked, 'Baby Aisyah datang dari mana?'

'Dari dalam perut la', I answered, rubbing my belly.

'Ingat lagi tak perut akak besar dulu?', I asked her back. She nodded. Clearly she remembered.

I thought that was the end of it but she proceeded with the million dollar question.

'Macam mana baby keluar dari perut?'

I was startled for a few seconds, as I was trying to decide whether or not to tell her about the normal vaginal delivery, until I remembered, 'Hey, I had a C-section'.

So I told her that Baby Aisyah came out of me through an incision made on my belly. She seemed satisfied with my answer and walked back to the front where the rest of the kids where waiting their turn to mengaji.

Phew, that was a close one. Although I might have left an impression on her that ALL babies are born that way, I'll have to leave the more detailed explanation of the normal vaginal delivery to her parents. For the time being, let's just say I'm glad that I discovered that having a C-section finally does have its advantages. At least, I would forever be spared of answering 'the question' without lying to the kids. Ngehehehe...

3 comments:

Nabil said...

I used to think masa kecik2 yg baby akan ada otomatik dlm perut lps org tu kawin ^_^

but...was i wrong lps belajar pasal mandi wajib kat sekolah agama mase darjah dua. ^_^ (and ppl kept making it a fuss about sex education)

But Noris, if u taktau camne nak explain, u can watch citer Definitely Maybe n see how the dad explains it to his daughter dlm citer tu ^_^

Oyis said...

my mom plak dulu bgtau, baby kuar ikut pusat. dia ckp nnt dah cukup masa, pusat tu akan terbuka luas n baby pon kuar. it made perfect sense to me before, sbb pusat tu nmpk mcm x de guna je otherwise kan. so sampai drjh 5 ke cam tuh dok ingat baby kuar kot pusat. karut sungguh!

maybe u could explain it here cam ne bapak dlm definitely maybe tu ckp. As a practice jugak tu nabil, wahai bakal bapa! hehe

Nabil said...

Better yet, awak leh tgk kat youtube ^_^

TRAILER:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R24rEJISBPo

Movie:

Part 1: (sex education -> minit 3.30)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tAQoEfwt5qs

Part 2:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DiM9got_dNE

Part 3:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o9V-zYbPSwg

The rest, kalau awak minat nak tgk sampai abis:
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=akvilla05&p=r