Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

It's March 22, and here in the UK, it's Mother's Day. Yeah, yeah, in Malaysia and probably the rest of the world, Mother's Day is not until May (read about the diffreneces here), but having lived in the UK now, I couldn't help but feel a little sappy and got sucked into this whole celebration of Motherhood.

Last year I did not get to celebrate Mother's Day. I was already heavily pregnant, but Hubs was adamant that I should only celebrate it when I actual am mothering the baby. So for a whole year (well, less than that actually, coz last year I was still in Malaysia, and so Mother's Day fell in June), I waited and waited. I am giddy with excitement to see what Hubs has in store for me. But maybe he isn't getting me anything, as he already said it thousands of time to my face until i really don't know whether he is being sincere or covering up for something guuuuddd.... which is fine, either way, because just being a mother is the greatest gift of all on this very special day. Not to mention that I have actually spent oh, I don't know, let's say a few pounds on a little personal stuff, like a blouse and some make up stuff, and a Subway sandwich (again!) hahaha.... every mother deserves a little perk on Mother's Day, right? ;)

Truth is, I'm grateful that I am finally entitled to celebrate Mother's Day today not only as a thankful daughter, but as a mother for the first time ever. Alhamdulillah...

To my Mother (Umi),
I Love & Miss You. Thank you so much for raising me to be the person that I am today.... Now that I'm a mother myself, I actually do see (some) things from your view and appreciate more of what you've done for me...

To my Daughter (Aisyah),
I am so proud to be your Mother!
I Love You to the Moon and Back!




God gave the World Stars,
And there was Beauty,

God gave the World the Sun,
And there was Warmth,

God gave the World Rain,
And there was Life,

God gave the World Mothers,
And there was LOVE.....



happy mothers day




There's a lot more to being a woman than being a mother, but there's a hell a lot more to being a mother than most people suspect

-Roseanne Barr-

No comments: