Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ask, and He Gives

Something amazing happened yesterday. 


Just as I was ready to give up on doing things extra for my students (bcoz I am kind of slow and my priority is off, so best just focus on what my KPIs are really about - advice I'd received from colleagues previously, and was about to agree), a Godsend comes my way.


Well, actually, TWO Godsends. My two Master (Research) students shared the news that they have both secured the GRF (a kind of grant). It's very good news in two ways: (a) they don't have to worry about money, they'll have a fixed monthly stipend from now, and (b) they now need to serve 4 hours assisting their Supervisors in teaching and learning activities or research activities in return for their allowances. These two students are already doing lab sessions with undergraduate students, but those are only for three hours a week. So that one other hour? They will use to assist their Supervisor's work


Whom is ME.


ME?!?!


Alhamdulillah. I think this is God's way of saying, keep doing what I've been doing. Do the extra stuff. Don't quit. Help is on its way. He knows I suck at doing my work fast (the downside of being too 'cerewet'), so He sends not only one student, but TWO to help. Two solid hours a week is going to be a MASSIVE help, Maha Suci Allah. 


He definitely knows best, Allahu Akbar!


(PS: I think this is the first time I am writing the word Supervisor on my blog, that I am actually referring to myself. Urm... super weird feeling here, to be honest, but in a good way).



I'm sharing some pics from yesterday's event - Drawing and Storyboarding Workshop. For my Creative Design class, I've invited Mr. Latfy who is an illustrator and writer for children story book (and long time family friend) to come and share his experiences and some useful drawing techniques to the class (third year students). Alhamdulillah, it was a blast and I learned a thing or two myself.






























When the working day ends like this, I'll always sit back and think, it really IS worth all that trouble.




 

No comments: