Monday, June 9, 2008

No, June 6th Was Not It

Lagging a little behind on posting an update over the weekend. Nope, not due to labour, but just being too busy with moving in and settling down in our new home. I guess June 6th was not meant to be it. So to those who were convinced that Baby'll be here soon, haha, the s/he has gotten you all fooled. Baby's still snug and content where s/he is at the moment, apparently.

I'm too tired to even write at the moment, I don't even know where to begin. All day Sunday I was vacuuming the hall, then dusting the furnitures, polishing the dining table, then dishwashing, scrubbing sinks, and cleaning the upstairs bathroom. I attempted on sorting out my closet, but just decided that it was too much. I was spent! Even Baby was so restless in my tummy, I guess my sudden burst of energy freaked Baby out. Afterall, I had pretty much led a very sedentary lifestyle so far, so mad dash cleaning was not something that baby was used to hehehe...

I don't know if this got something to do with nesting, but it certainly had a lot to do with the fact that we've moved into the new house. There was just so much to do, a lot of things needed to be organized. My sisters-in-law are staying there at the moment, keeping the house in order (or so they think), but on certain areas they hadn't kept it up to my standards, so I had to get on all fours to re-do some stuff, which got me a bit ticked off. But I couldn't stay mad for long, it is afterall MY house, and I can't expect them to keep everything spick and span. Seriously, if that were the case, I need a maid for that. I just have to hope that my cleaning efforts this weekend would at least last, I don't know, say three days. Sigh...

Anyway, on a cheerier note, over the weekend I got huge cravings for pizza. Saturday night, my family celebrated my birthday 2 days early, and we ordered Dominos Pizza. Everyone thought that we should celebrate early, just in case. Besides, everyone was at my Mom's that night, including my brother who was saway studying at college. I of course agreed to this early cleberation, I mean, you can't ask for pizza whilst in confinement, right? A friend of mine ate almost everything she possibly could get her hands on before the delivery. Baskin Robins, Pizzas, Starbucks Coffee, you name it, she'd had it - just to have it all out of her system before the period of confinement got here.

On Sunday, my sister-in-law who used to be the manager of Pizza Hut called up a friend for a favour and we dined on another round of pizza and fried calamari (yummy!), again in celebration of my birthday. How can you stay mad at great in-laws these? But I was a bit miffed that Hubs spilt a drop of pizza sauce on the brand new rug. The carpet was 90% black in colour, with some white patterns on it, and as luck would have it, the sauce just had to fall on the white part. If it's not the girls doing the deed, it's him... Grrrr...

After pizza, we watched the DVD, 'Over Her Dead Body' followed by another DVD. It was 1 a.m. by the time we finished. Must be the combination of being too tired and sleeping in a new house, I took the longest time to fall asleep. Even the slightest noise was disturbing. And since we've been living in an apartment this whole while, I'm accustomed to sleeping in a small bedroom. Even the guest room at Mom's house which we sleep in when we're there is puny. So I was feeling very, very uncomfortable sleeping in the really huge Master Bedroom. It wasn't helping that I kept having vivid dreams that seemed to be interconnected with one another. I woke up for a total of four times, all the while sweating. And I had to wake up to pee at my usual 4.30 a.m toilet break too. It's a miracle how I managed to get up to work today. I'm so tired!

No comments: