Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Somewhere, Somehow, Sometime Ago...

Am filling in an important research grant application. It's supposed to be a public hol today, but me and Hubs are busting our asses off work stuff. We even had to call in a babysitter to mind the children today, it was THAT bad. Let's not talk about that, shall we?


Anyway, was looking for contact and possible collaboration on the said project, so of course I looked back at my old lab, ICCMR, Plymouth. Saw that my name has been moved to 'Former Members' instead of postgraduate students and that my work was no longer featured like it had for the past four(?) years. 


Ah well... time goes on. As always.


But it warms my heart to see on the section titled 'Other News', my achievement was still up. Granted, it's an old story, but it's up there somewhere near researchers being featured on BBC and composers winning acclaimed awards. 


I guess, despite all the craziness and the endless frazzledness that surround me these days, somehow, somewhere, sometime, I didn't do too bad.


Time to consider postdoc, maybe?


Enough daydreaming. Back to the grant application it is.




 

No comments: