Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Suraya's Wedding

Was on leave since Friday of last week. We went back to Muar, Johor in preparation for my SIL's wedding, which was last Saturday. Alhamdulillah, it went smoothly. The sun was out all day (panas ngeer ngeeer gitu), most of the invited guests came and food was great. It was held in true Javanese fashion - the berkat, the toll, the gendang and all. My Dad even made it to Muar with my youngest brother and his family. My SIL Suraya looked so lovely in her wedding attires. Sadly, no pics of all of us together. For some funny reasons, the photographer didn't think it was necessary to include family members in the pics, I guess. This was a bit sad since I think almost all of us made an effort to wear purple, I know my family certainly did. We made the purchase the night before we traveled back to Muar. Oh well... gotta wait for other photo op I suppose. 


Nonetheless it was a great day. The children had a blast, explaining why none of use were ever together in any of these pics below. Aisyah ran around with her cousins and most of the time I didn't know where she was at :P  Zayd my sidekick was always by my side, but he was down in the afternoon for a much needed nap break. I don't blame the poor guy. By 6 p.m., I had this splitting headache. From the heat or dehydration, God knows. But Alhamdulillah it went away around 9 p.m.


Congratulations to my dear SIL Suraya and husband, Iwan. It's a tad sad that this means her leaving our house for good (she lived with us since 2006, and even looked after our house while we were gone in the UK). Zayd, in particular will miss her most, shouting 'Ude! Ude!' everytime he passes by her bed room door, expecting Ude to open the door, pick him up, tickle, kiss and lets him watch Upin Ipin on her phone. But life must go on, eh? Moving out of one house to move in to another more permanent house. May this union be blessed by Allah and that you guys stay together till Jannah, Amin!














No comments: